You could pay $0 for this course!
This qualifies for reimbursement through the State Workforce Training Express Fund. Firms/companies with fewer than 100 staff will receive 100% reimbusement, and firms/companies with over 100 staff will receive 50% reimbursement. You must register for this course and apply for reimbursement through the Workforce Training Express Fund website three weeks in advance to be eligible. The course code for this program is 1121354. To learn more click here or contact Julia Ekelund at email@example.com.
Tax practitioners have been hard-pressed to keep up with recent legislation and new IRS guidance. In this course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important legislative and regulatory developments of the season as well as major trends and changes in the case law, with a view toward planning considerations. This course is continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
• Timely coverage of breaking tax legislation
• Schedules K-2 and K-3 reporting requirements and transitional filing relief
• Foreign Tax Credit considerations
• Form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations
• Donor Advised Funds
• Selling a principal residence, including tax planning strategies
• The SECURE Act 2022 Proposed Regulations
• 2022 Changes to section 163(j) and section 174 Research and Experimental Expenditures
• Employee vs Independent Contractor conundrum continues - Department of Labor Final Rule reinstated
• A comprehensive overview of virtual currency, including important tax considerations
• Section 162(m) executive compensation
• Temporarily increased business meals deduction
• State of the IRS - plans to reduce the backlog of returns due to COVID-19
• Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year – inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
• Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
Experience with individual and business clients
• CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice, whether newly licensed or a seasoned professional
• Understand the latest tax law changes
• Understand strategies and techniques for individuals to use in light of tax changes
• Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
Susan Smith, CPA, manages her own firm specializing in tax planning for individuals and business owners and is also a frequent speaker at tax conferences. Smith was a Senior Manager in the tax departments of Price Waterhouse and Peat Marwick (the predecessor of KPMG). While at Price Waterhouse, she also held the national specialist designation for the real estate and partnership tax practices. During her time at Peat Marwick, Smith led the real estate and tax practices locally. She was an associate adjunct professor at Widener University in the master’s taxation program. Her ratings have consistently exceeded 4.7 on a scale of 5.0. Also, she recently received the James L. McCoy 2008 Discussion Leader of the Year Award for excellence in teaching.Smith earned her Bachelor of Business Administration degree, with an accounting concentration, from the University of Toledo.
Non-Member Price $419.00
Member Price $319.00