Thursday, May 19, 2022
1:30pm – 2:30pm
According to FINRA, there are 43 types of investment licenses and 214 designations. Although financial advisors should be transparent professionals always looking out for their client's best interests at all times, several misrepresent their credentials, use phony titles, and misstate facts just to sell investment products. Some aren’t properly licensed, and others hide secrets that can be costly to your clients.
- This webinar will help you have a better understanding on how financial advisors are compensated, and the differences between licenses, including Registered Investment Advisors (or "RIAs"), investment advisors, registered representatives, stockbrokers, and insurance agents.
- Identify the different types of licenses
- Distinguish terms used, titles, and designations
- Recognize compensation methods (e.g. fees, commissions, revenue sharing, bonuses, and proprietary investments)
- Determine the fiduciary vs. suitability standard
- How to lookup a financial advisor (e.g. background, complaints, and fines)
- The types of forms to request in order to determine conflicts of interest
- List of questions to ask a financial advisor