- A Certified Public Accountant under the laws of Massachusetts; or
- A Certified Public Accountant under the laws of another state in the United States.
- Any person not qualified to be a Fellow who (i) is in the employ of or supervised by a Fellow, or (ii) owns an equity interest in an entity practicing public accountancy whose other partners, shareholders and/or members include a Fellow
- A teacher or professor regularly engaged in the teaching of accounting as a faculty member of a degree granting institution located in Massachusetts
- An employee of a federal, state or local governmental unit in Massachusetts engaged in accounting, auditing or taxation
- An individual regularly engaged as a Corporate Finance Professional at an organization, subsidiary of an organization or location of an organization that is within Massachusetts
- Any person who holds a valid professional certification in an accounting or finance-related profession in a foreign country
- Any person who has passed the Uniform CPA Examination, is sitting for the exam or is enrolled in a CPA exam review course offering a discount to Society members
- A teacher or professor whose primary role is the teaching of accounting as a faculty member of a degree granting institution located in Massachusetts
College Student Membership*
- Any accounting/business undergraduate or graduate student
- Attending a college or university in Massachusetts
- Attending an out-of-state college or university with a permanent address in Massachusetts
College Student Membership will expire once you become eligible for an Associate or Fellow Membership.
High School Student Membership*
- Any high school junior or senior considering accounting as a future profession
*To comply with Society bylaws and to avoid misrepresentation, you must always refer to yourself as a "Student Member" of the Massachusetts Society of CPAs until you become an Associate or Fellow Member.
Click here for a printable membership application.
College Student Membership
MassCPAs participates in a free dual membership program with the AICPA for college student membership. Click the link below for more information and to fill out the AICPA and MassCPAs' dual membership application.