- A Certified Public Accountant under the laws of Massachusetts; or
- A Certified Public Accountant under the laws of another state in the United States.
- Any person not qualified to be a Fellow who (i) is in the employ of or supervised by a Fellow, or (ii) owns an equity interest in an entity practicing public accountancy whose other partners, shareholders and/or members include a Fellow
- A teacher or professor regularly engaged in the teaching of accounting as a faculty member of a degree granting institution located in Massachusetts
- An employee of a federal, state or local governmental unit in Massachusetts engaged in accounting, auditing or taxation
- An individual regularly engaged as a Corporate Finance Professional at an organization, subsidiary of an organization or location of an organization that is within Massachusetts
- Any person who holds a valid professional certification in an accounting or finance-related profession in a foreign country
- Any person who has passed the Uniform CPA Examination, is sitting for the exam or is enrolled in a CPA exam review course offering a discount to Society members
- A teacher or professor whose primary role is the teaching of accounting as a faculty member of a degree granting institution located in Massachusetts
College Student Membership*
- Any accounting/business undergraduate or graduate student
- Attending a college or university in Massachusetts
- Attending an out-of-state college or university with a permanent address in Massachusetts
College Student Membership will expire once you become eligible for an Associate or Fellow Membership.
High School Student Membership*
- Any high school junior or senior considering accounting as a future profession
*To comply with Society bylaws and to avoid misrepresentation, you must always refer to yourself as a "Student Member" of the Massachusetts Society of CPAs until you become an Associate or Fellow Member.
College Student Membership
MassCPAs participates in a free dual membership program with the AICPA for college student membership. Click the link below for more information and to fill out the AICPA and MassCPAs' dual membership application.
For questions regarding membership, please reach out to Amanda Curtis at email@example.com.